Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
Presentations for the ASTSWMO Annual Meeting are now posted.
- April 23, 2024 @ 8:00 am - April 24, 2024 @ 12:00 pm
- June 4, 2024 - June 5, 2024
- August 13, 2024 @ 8:00 am - August 15, 2024 @ 12:00 pm
- September 10, 2024 @ 8:00 am - September 11, 2024 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- October 26 @ 8:00 am - October 27 @ 12:00 pm
- September 13 @ 8:00 am - September 15 @ 12:00 pm
- June 13 @ 8:00 am - June 14 @ 12:00 pm
ASTSWMO has released a statement on EPA’s Proposal for PFAS National Primary Drinking Water Regulation
Take a step back and look at the 2022 ASTSWMO Year in Review. Thank you to all of our members for your support, engagement and hard work!
Read ASTSWMO President Millie Garcia-Serrano’s letter addressed to the membership outlining her vision for 2023.
ASTSWMO has released a statement regarding the EPA’s Proposal to Designate PFOA and PFOS as Hazardous Substances Under CERCLA. Read more here.
The ASTSWMO Federal Facilities Subcommittee developed a new webpage, Training Resources for State Federal Facility Managers, to provide a compendium of available training resources and opportunities for ASTSWMO members responsible for overseeing environmental compliance and cleanups at federal facilities.
ASTSWMO Mission Video
See all the videos here
Food Waste – In the News:
- Seasonal Decorations to Soil: How Pumpkins from...on November 30, 2023 at 6:03 am
- The Packaging Dilemma - Lexologyon November 30, 2023 at 5:37 am
- Marcel explores ZooShare's impact on food waste...on November 30, 2023 at 5:03 am
- A fuss-free traybake to help cut down on your...on November 30, 2023 at 5:01 am
PFAS – In the News:
- Chemical firms to pay $110 million to Ohio to...on November 30, 2023 at 5:01 am
- PFAs in stiff competition as transfer window hits...on November 30, 2023 at 3:57 am
- PFAS chemicals supply stays tight - DIGITIMESon November 30, 2023 at 3:03 am
- Navy detects PFAS chemicals in groundwater near...on November 30, 2023 at 2:38 am
Become an Active Member
To become a an active member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.