Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- April 26 @ 8:00 am - April 27 @ 12:00 pm
- June 13 @ 8:00 am - June 14 @ 12:00 pm
- October 26 @ 8:00 am - October 27 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- October 20, 2022 @ 8:00 am - October 21, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
- August 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
- May 5, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Read ASTSWMO President Millie Garcia-Serrano’s letter addressed to the membership outlining her vision for 2023.
- ASTSWMO has released a statement regarding the EPA’s Proposal to Designate PFOA and PFOS as Hazardous Substances Under CERCLA. Read more here.
- The ASTSWMO Federal Facilities Subcommittee developed a new webpage, Training Resources for State Federal Facility Managers, to provide a compendium of available training resources and opportunities for ASTSWMO members responsible for overseeing environmental compliance and cleanups at federal facilities.
Food Waste – In the News:
- Moving from environmental awareness to action -...on February 9, 2023 at 1:42 am
- Commentary: Organic waste recycling tips - Coast...on February 8, 2023 at 11:12 pm
- Food insecurity, waste webinar offered online...on February 8, 2023 at 10:49 pm
- Justin Timberlake part of local company's $9M...on February 8, 2023 at 10:44 pm
PFAS – In the News:
- Editorial: Artificial field will bring dreadful...on February 9, 2023 at 1:56 am
- PFAS Update to be Discussed at Killingworth Town...on February 8, 2023 at 11:16 pm
- Elkton to begin PFAS chemicals removal from water...on February 8, 2023 at 8:15 pm
- PFAS detected in soil at Oak Bluffs School -...on February 8, 2023 at 8:02 pm
The first Board Meeting of the year was a success. Great conversations about last quarter’s projects, papers, and membership updates, while also looking forward to next quarter with the Mid-Year Meeting!
ASTSWMO thanks you for your service 🇺🇸
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency @epagov is celebrating progress made on recycling and educating the public on the importance of recycling.
Check out our resources:
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.