Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 12:00 pm
- May 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 6, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
- August 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- May 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- April 22 - April 30
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: Pharmacia & Upjohn Company LLC Site: Case StudyMarch 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Registration for the 2021 ASTSWMO Annual Meeting is open. Click here to learn more.
- The President’s FY 2020 Budget Request was released on May 28, 2021. A June 2nd EPA news release with the Administrator’s statement on the budget request that also includes links to EPA’s FY 2022 Congressional Justification and Budget in Brief can be found here.
- Want to learn more about the ASTSWMO CEC Steering Committee? Check out their new webpage!
Food Waste – In the News:
- SWISS teams up with Too Good To Go to reduce food...on September 16, 2021 at 9:56 pm
- Global $88.47 Bn Biogas Markets to 2030: Focus on...on September 16, 2021 at 9:41 pm
- How to Prevent Food Waste in Your Garden -...on September 16, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Body composting a 'green' alternative to burial,...on September 16, 2021 at 6:34 pm
PFAS – In the News:
- PFAS removal slows redevelopment of Willow Grove...on September 16, 2021 at 9:42 pm
- Is There PFAS in Portsmouth, NH's New Synthetic...on September 16, 2021 at 9:29 pm
- Notes from ANR meeting on the health of Lake...on September 16, 2021 at 9:01 pm
- Portsmouth honored with New England Water Works...on September 16, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.