Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- April 26, 2023 @ 8:00 am - April 27, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- October 20 @ 8:00 am - October 21 @ 12:00 pm
- August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 11 @ 12:00 pm
- May 5 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- October 28, 2021 - November 9, 2021
- ASTSWMO has released a statement regarding the EPA’s Proposal to Designate PFOA and PFOS as Hazardous Substances Under CERCLA. Read more here.
- The President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Budget, submitted to Congress on March 28, 2022, includes a $11.881 billion request for EPA. According to the Statement by the EPA Administrator released on March 28, “The Budget makes historic investments to advance key priorities in the FY 2022-2026 EPA Strategic Plan, including tackling the climate crisis, advancing environmental justice, protecting air quality, upgrading the Nation’s aging water infrastructure, and rebuilding core functions at the Agency.” The proposed EPA FY 2023 budget, including a Budget in Brief, is available here. Click this link to the EPA news release with the Statement by the EPA Administrator.
- The ASTSWMO Federal Facilities Subcommittee developed a new webpage, Training Resources for State Federal Facility Managers, to provide a compendium of available training resources and opportunities for ASTSWMO members responsible for overseeing environmental compliance and cleanups at federal facilities.
Food Waste – In the News:
- Luther College's Cafeteria to Community program...on December 8, 2022 at 5:06 pm
- Too Good To Go Is Addressing Food Waste in...on December 8, 2022 at 4:47 pm
- Greggs opens first outlet store in East London to...on December 8, 2022 at 4:37 pm
- How South Korea's Yellow Bag Composting Method...on December 8, 2022 at 4:36 pm
PFAS – In the News:
- Guest columnist Nina Mankin: Of schools, PFAS,...on December 8, 2022 at 3:33 pm
- United States Drinking Water PFAS (Perfluoroalkyl...on December 8, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- Toxic chemicals found in virtually every SC river...on December 8, 2022 at 11:41 am
- Consumer Reports tests nonstick pans that claim...on December 8, 2022 at 11:00 am
ASTSWMO thanks you for your service 🇺🇸
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency @epagov is celebrating progress made on recycling and educating the public on the importance of recycling.
Check out our resources:
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.