Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 11 @ 12:00 pm
- August 23 @ 8:00 am - August 25 @ 12:00 pm
- September 13 - September 15
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
ASTSWMO 2021 Election
The 2021 election of ASTSWMO’s Vice-President occured on October 28, 2021, during ASTSWMO’s Annual Meeting. We would like to congratulate and welcome Millie Garcia-Serrano as the new ASTSWMO Vice-President. To learn more aout the changes to the ASTSMWO Board please visit our “Board of Directors” webpage.
- The ASTSWMO Federal Facilities Subcommittee developed a new webpage, Training Resources for State Federal Facility Managers, to provide a compendium of available training resources and opportunities for ASTSWMO members responsible for overseeing environmental compliance and cleanups at federal facilities.
- The Call for Abstracts for the 27th National Tanks Conference is now open on NEIWPCC’s NTC webpage.
- Following U.S. House passage of the historic Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal, EPA will be making significant investments in the health, equity, and resilience of American communities. For more information on the deal’s investments in key EPA programs and initiatives, including a breakdown of EPA funding by appropriations account, check out Administrator Regan’s statement and EPA’s new fact sheet.
Food Waste – In the News:
- Biffa partners to supply UK packaging producer...on January 22, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Gander app helps Heart of England Co-op shoppers...on January 22, 2022 at 1:09 pm
- Targets for recycling plastic packaging will be...on January 22, 2022 at 1:00 pm
- How to Store 31 Fresh Fruits and Vegetables for...on January 22, 2022 at 12:00 pm
PFAS – In the News:
- UF searches Indian River lagoon seagrass for...on January 22, 2022 at 12:09 pm
- On fluoride, PFAS and COVID in our water - Alpena...on January 22, 2022 at 6:31 am
- Maine expands PFAS contamination investigation -...on January 21, 2022 at 11:15 pm
- DNR: Ames drinking water has ‘forever...on January 21, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.