Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 11 @ 12:00 pm
- August 16 - August 19
- August 23 @ 8:00 am - August 25 @ 12:00 pm
- September 13 - September 15
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- The ASTSWMO Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the 2022 ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominations must be sent to Dania Rodriguez, ASTSWMO Executive Director, via email (email@example.com) by Friday, June 24, 2022. This link will take you to the policy and the nomination and selection processes on our website.
- The President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Budget, submitted to Congress on March 28, 2022, includes a $11.881 billion request for EPA. According to the Statement by the EPA Administrator released on March 28, “The Budget makes historic investments to advance key priorities in the FY 2022-2026 EPA Strategic Plan, including tackling the climate crisis, advancing environmental justice, protecting air quality, upgrading the Nation’s aging water infrastructure, and rebuilding core functions at the Agency.” The proposed EPA FY 2023 budget, including a Budget in Brief, is available here. Click this link to the EPA news release with the Statement by the EPA Administrator.
- The ASTSWMO Federal Facilities Subcommittee developed a new webpage, Training Resources for State Federal Facility Managers, to provide a compendium of available training resources and opportunities for ASTSWMO members responsible for overseeing environmental compliance and cleanups at federal facilities.
Food Waste – In the News:
- Refuse Transfer Station fees increase following...on July 1, 2022 at 4:49 am
- Turning Our Organic Waste Into Renewable Energy -...on July 1, 2022 at 4:37 am
- Rats infiltrate Essex Junction neighborhood - WCAXon July 1, 2022 at 3:46 am
- PetChem, AFES collaborate to strengthen...on July 1, 2022 at 2:24 am
PFAS – In the News:
- CDC report reveals PFAS exposure in Newburgh -...on July 1, 2022 at 1:29 am
- 'It's scary as hell' — PFAS exposure a...on July 1, 2022 at 1:04 am
- Green Seal bans all PFAS in cleaning products -...on June 30, 2022 at 10:35 pm
- Colonial Pipeline would pay $4.75 million in...on June 30, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.