ASTSWMO COVID-19 Resources
Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- October 22 - November 5
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: GenX and related PFAS in North CarolinaNovember 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- November 18 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- October 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: Risk Assessment Modeling and Risk ManagementOctober 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ASTSWMO Election for Officers
The 2020 election of ASTSWMO’s Vice-President and Secretary Treasurer will occur on October 28, 2020, during ASTSWMO’s Annual Meeting. Elections are governed by ASTSWMO’s Bylaws, which specify that the designated Voting Representative from each State and Territory (State) will vote on behalf of their State.
Click here to read more.
- ASTSWMO has released a special edition of their newsletter detailing what ASTSMWO members have been doing in the time of COVID-19. Click here to read it.
- EPA has distributed 2 news releases detailing their efforts to donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to hospitals across the nation. View them here: Donations in Region 5 & Donations to State and Local Responders.
- The Materials Management Subcommittee has created a page titled “State Actions to Address Recycling Market Changes”; check it out here
- ASTSMWO has released a new PFAS website, click here to check it out.
- Guam has released 2 documents reviewed by ASTSWMO. The Guam Food Waste Guide, and The Guam Greening Roadways Initiative
- September 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Food Waste – In the News:
With visits to the Brookline Food Pantry up, BU...
on October 21, 2020 at 4:13 pm
Opportunity Orbit Analysis, Technological...
on October 21, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Food Waste Recycling Machine Market 2020 By...
on October 21, 2020 at 3:34 pm
Greencovery: Meet the start-up upcycling food...
on October 21, 2020 at 3:30 pm
PFAS – In the News:
Workers Compensation PFAS Claims – Will...
on October 21, 2020 at 4:02 pm
Dust From Your Old Furniture Likely Contains...
on October 21, 2020 at 3:05 pm
EU introduces new chemicals strategy - News - The...
on October 21, 2020 at 2:16 pm
Spatz ‘68 Endowed Chair Established at...
on October 21, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.