ASTSWMO COVID-19 Resources
Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- December 15 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- August 3, 2021 @ 8:00 am - August 5, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
- October 26, 2021 @ 8:00 am - October 29, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: GenX and related PFAS in North CarolinaNovember 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- October 22 - November 5
- ASTSWMO has released a special edition of their newsletter detailing what ASTSMWO members have been doing in the time of COVID-19. Click here to read it.
- EPA has distributed 2 news releases detailing their efforts to donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to hospitals across the nation. View them here: Donations in Region 5 & Donations to State and Local Responders.
- The Materials Management Subcommittee has created a page titled “State Actions to Address Recycling Market Changes”; check it out here
- ASTSMWO has released a new PFAS website, click here to check it out.
- Guam has released 2 documents reviewed by ASTSWMO. The Guam Food Waste Guide, and The Guam Greening Roadways Initiative
- September 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Food Waste – In the News:
- Lots of Thanksgiving leftovers? Here's how you...on November 26, 2020 at 10:35 pm
- Global Food Waste Management Market: Drivers is...on November 26, 2020 at 9:26 pm
- Federal food waste program launched - Western...on November 26, 2020 at 9:23 pm
- College students launch project to reduce food...on November 26, 2020 at 8:35 pm
PFAS – In the News:
- Another community struggles to come to terms with...on November 26, 2020 at 10:46 pm
- Editorial: Incinerating a toxic, indestructible...on November 26, 2020 at 10:00 pm
- Clearing up Delray Beach’s water issues |...on November 26, 2020 at 8:48 pm
- 'Well in hand:' No county dollars for...on November 26, 2020 at 11:00 am
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.