Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 12:00 pm
- May 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 6, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
- August 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- May 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- April 22 - April 30
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: Pharmacia & Upjohn Company LLC Site: Case StudyMarch 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- The President’s FY 2020 Budget Request was released on May 28, 2021. A June 2nd EPA news release with the Administrator’s statement on the budget request that also includes links to EPA’s FY 2022 Congressional Justification and Budget in Brief can be found here.
- ASTSWMO is looking to replace the “Hero Image” that appears in the header of every page of the website. We are asking the membership to submit nominations for the new image. If you have one you would like to share, please email a copy of the image or a link to it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ASTSWMO Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the 2021 Lifetime Award. View the policy here. All nominations must be sent to Dania Rodriguez via email by June 25, 2021.
- Want to learn more about the ASTSWMO CEC Steering Committee? Check out their new webpage!
Food Waste – In the News:
- A pasta pie that can change the world, or at...on August 4, 2021 at 5:00 am
- Long Beach faces significant challenges in...on August 4, 2021 at 1:13 am
- Encinitas resident helps spearhead SDFSA effort...on August 4, 2021 at 12:38 am
- Food Waste Index: Critical, Govts' Must Ponder -...on August 4, 2021 at 12:30 am
PFAS – In the News:
- Toxic Threat | Cover Stories - Santa Fe Reporteron August 4, 2021 at 12:33 am
- CDC scrambling to assess everyday risks of PFAS...on August 3, 2021 at 11:47 pm
- Listen: Infrastructure Deal, PFAS Research In...on August 3, 2021 at 10:31 pm
- Airport Commission to hold public hearing on PFAS...on August 3, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.