ASTSWMO COVID-19 Resources
Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
- April 29 @ 8:00 am - April 30 @ 12:00 pm
- August 3 @ 8:00 am - August 5 @ 12:00 pm
- September 21 @ 8:00 am - September 23 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- December 15, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
ASTSWMO RCRA Subtitle C Corrective Action 2020 and The Road Ahead Webinar Series: GenX and related PFAS in North CarolinaNovember 5, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- October 22, 2020 - November 5, 2020
- The notice of availability for public comment of the Interim PFAS Destruction and Disposal Guidance was published in the Federal Register on December 22, 2020.
Comments are due to EPA on or before February 22, 2021.
- EPA has distributed 2 news releases detailing their efforts to donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to hospitals across the nation. View them here: Donations in Region 5 & Donations to State and Local Responders.
- The Materials Management Subcommittee has created a page titled “State Actions to Address Recycling Market Changes”; check it out here
Food Waste – In the News:
- Top legislature planning to protect livelihoods -...on January 21, 2021 at 2:21 am
- For one year, this man is eating only what's...on January 21, 2021 at 1:45 am
- Hamden Public Works to push initiative for...on January 21, 2021 at 12:56 am
- Do you 'Zoom lunch' with home-working colleagues?...on January 21, 2021 at 12:02 am
PFAS – In the News:
- EPA pledges to regulate PFAS in drinking water on...on January 21, 2021 at 3:35 am
- Londonderry seeking resident participation in new...on January 21, 2021 at 2:00 am
- Defend Our Health calls for stricter guidelines...on January 20, 2021 at 9:45 pm
- Environmental efforts key for Biden, but industry...on January 20, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.