ASTSWMO COVID-19 Resources
Our Mission: To enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs and to affect relevant national policies for waste and materials management, environmentally sustainable practices, and environmental restoration.
The 2020 ASTSWMO RCRA Corrective Action Conference has been cancelled. Learn More Here
- September 1 @ 8:00 am - September 3 @ 5:00 pm
- October 28 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 12:00 pm
- August 3, 2021 @ 8:00 am - August 5, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Presentations and recordings will be posted here.
- April 23 @ 8:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm
- October 30, 2019 @ 7:00 am - October 31, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
ASTSWMO Election for Officers
The 2020 election of ASTSWMO’s Vice-President and Secretary Treasurer will occur on October 28, 2020, during ASTSWMO’s Annual Meeting. Elections are governed by ASTSWMO’s Bylaws, which specify that the designated Voting Representative from each State and Territory (State) will vote on behalf of their State.
Click here to read more.
- The ASTSWMO Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the 2020 Lifetime Award. View the policy here. All nominations must be sent to Dania Rodriguez via email by June 19, 2020.
- EPA has distributed 2 news releases detailing their efforts to donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to hospitals across the nation. View them here: Donations in Region 5 & Donations to State and Local Responders.
- The Materials Management Subcommittee has created a page titled “State Actions to Address Recycling Market Changes”; check it out here
- ASTSMWO has released a new PFAS website, click here to check it out.
- Guam has released 2 documents reviewed by ASTSWMO. The Guam Food Waste Guide, and The Guam Greening Roadways Initiative
- September 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 23, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Food Waste – In the News:
Irvine High School Students Fight Food Insecurity...
on July 10, 2020 at 12:47 pm
Products From Food Waste Market CAGR (5%) Share,...
on July 10, 2020 at 11:55 am
"Preservation tech is the key to driving higher...
on July 10, 2020 at 11:43 am
BioHiTech Global Appoints Walter Littlejohn III...
on July 10, 2020 at 11:00 am
PFAS – In the News:
Cancer-causing chemicals found in Fort Worth...
on July 10, 2020 at 10:30 am
The Perils of PFAS: The PFAS National...
on July 10, 2020 at 5:47 am
Maine PFAS Tracker - Maine Standards and Proposed...
on July 10, 2020 at 5:31 am
DNR: If Rhinelander Loses One More Well, There...
on July 9, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Become a Member
To become a member please download, review, and fill out the form below. When you complete it please email it to the appropriate ASTSWMO staff (listed at the top of the form).
Lifetime Achievement Award
In 2002, ASTSWMO instituted the ASTSWMO Lifetime Achievement Award, to recognize an outstanding individual who has worked in State government in the areas of solid and hazardous waste management, sustainability/materials management, underground storage tanks, or contaminated site clean-up.
The purpose of the award is to recognize work done on behalf of the States and in furtherance of ASTSWMO’s mission to enhance and promote effective State and Territorial programs for waste and materials management, to encourage environmentally sustainable practices, and to affect relevant national waste and materials management policies.
Click here for the full description and a list of past winners.